24 Jan Benefits Of Strength Training
SEVEN BENEFITS OF STRENGTH TRAINING
Looking for a new approach to switch things up and give you the boost you need? Supplement your workout routine with strength training!
These are some of the most noteworthy benefits of strength training:
- Regular strength training stresses your bones, which will ultimately increase bone density, helping fight off conditions like osteoporosis and arthritis.
- It also increases your metabolism, which helps you burn more calories throughout the day.
- Strength training can help improve cardiovascular function by strengthening the heart and lungs. It can reduce resting blood pressure, cholesterol levels and risk of cardiovascular disease as well.
- A regular practice can help increase the stability and strength of the joints, which can prevent injuries and improve overall function
- It can help improve sleep quality too, which is essential for physical and mental well-being and may help reduce fatigue and increase energy levels throughout the day.
- Strength training can also enhance your overall quality of life! By building muscle, everyday tasks because easier. For example, you have less risk of falling. This can help you stay independent with age.
- And about aging…After the age of 30 muscle mass will naturally decrease, you’ll start losing up to 5% of your lean muscle mass per year. Just 30 minutes of strength training twice per week can counteract that! A regular practice can prevent and even reverse the loss of muscle mass, power and strength.
Strength training is considered a safe form of exercise when done properly. However, it’s vital to understand the proper form and safety guidelines to maximise the benefits of strength training while minimising potential risks and injuries.
If you want to get started on strength and resistance training, check out our brand new Personal Training Studio!
If you are not a fan of regular gyms, and are looking for a more relaxed and friendly environment to workout in, our studio might be just want you need.
SMALL GROUP PERSONAL TRAINING
Our Small Group Personal Training classes take place throughout the week. With a maximum of 5 people, and plenty of 1-1 attention, sessions have been designed to accommodate all levels of experience and ability.
With our Small Group PT, you’ll get the personal attention of our instructors at a fraction of the cost of personal training on a one-to-one basis. All whilst enjoying a non-intimidating and supportive environment!
Sessions are planned in the form of gym circuits, focusing on either upper, lower or full body workouts. If you already attend classes at Yogahome, they’ll be a perfect complement to your routine!
Expect to make use of the equipment our gym has to offer to combine bodyweight, resistance & weight training as well as strength and cardio for maximum effect.
If you would rather work one-on-one, we also offer Personal training on a 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3+ groups.
Every Personal Training session is completely catered towards your individual goals whether that’s weight loss/gain, building muscle, build more confidence in the gym, injury prevention/rehabilitation, sport specific strength & conditioning, health specialist advice or other.
Whatever your goals, whatever your needs, our trainers will use their knowledge and expertise to help you get the best from yourself and the programme.