30 May 6 BENEFITS OF YOGA NIDRA
Yoga nidra, also known as yogic sleep, is a powerful technique for controlling the body’s relaxation response and promoting deep rest.
The practice of yoga nidra induces a state of consciousness between waking and sleeping. Deep rest and healing can take place in this state, making it beneficial for a wide array of physical, mental and emotional ailments.
Giving your mind and body an extra window of deep relaxation offers powerful benefits.
The practice of yoga nidra…
- Helps improving thought patterns and reducing stress levels.
- Improves cognitive function and in turn memory and concentration by creating space in the brain.
- Effectively reduces stress by triggering the ‘relaxation response’.
- Is highly effective for sleep disorders and helps treating nsomnia and sleep deprivation.
- Brings balance to all layers of the body – the emotional, mental and physical. This helps in decreasing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Is accessible to all ages and abilities – anyone can reap the benefits of yoga nidra!
We offer a weekly yoga nidra class with Shira Hess every Sunday, 4 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Sign up for a class via the link below to come and try the transformative power of yoga nidra!