22 Jan CLIP OF THE WEEK
Developing a strong core is so important for our general health, and has very little to do with striving for a six pack!
Among so many benefits, a strong core keeps the back healthy, improves balance and helps us avoid injury and manage hyper-mobility. Plus, working on building a strong core will help you progress in your yoga and Pilates practice, towards long holds, full postures and inversions.
We’re so lucky to have Brooke McConochy as a Yogahome teacher – she leads a strong Power Pilates livestream workout four times a week that we all love, and has filmed a series of short sequences for our video library too.
This week’s clip highlight is Brooke’s PILATES AB BLAST, a short 15 minute sequence focusing on strengthening the abdominals. See a short preview below and head to our video library here for the full clip.
If you love Brooke’s workouts, check out her other short clips:
- SEQUENCE TO STRENGTHEN THE BACK with Brooke McConochy: A short sequence focused on strengthening the back (10 minutes)
- UPPER BODY STRENGTH with Brooke McConochy: A short sequence focused on developing upper body strength (15 minutes)
- LEGS ROUTINE with Brooke McConochy: A short pilates routine focused on the legs (20 minutes)
- STANDING LEGS SERIES with Brooke McConochy: A short standing sequence focused on building strength in the legs (10 minutes)
- C-CURVE ABDOMINALS with Brooke McConochy: A short sequence focused on a movement of the spine that strengthens the deep abdominals while stretching the muscles of the back (15 minutes)
- ABS FOR BEGINNERS with Brooke McConochy: A short sequence for beginners exploring a series of exercises focused on the abs (15 minutes)
- BROOKE’S FAVOURITE with Brooke McConochy: A short energising sequence to practice at home, inspired by classical ballet routines (5 minutes)
- FOCUS ON THE ARMS Brooke McConochy: A short pilates sequence focused on building strength in the arms (15 minutes)
- NO EQUIPMENT with Brooke McConochy: A shortened pilates routine that involves no equipment and covers three core areas – abdominals, arms and legs (25 minutes)
The YOGAHOME VIDEO LIBRARY holds over 250 on-demand clips, so you can practice anytime and anywhere! Updated weekly, there’s always something new to try! Short theme-based workouts + live class recordings, so you can workshop a certain posture like Sirsasana (headstand) and Bakasana (crow), or catch up on a missed class or repeat a favourite. Filter by length, teacher and style to find something right for you.