06 Jan CLIP OF THE WEEK
Kicking off our new CLIP OF THE WEEK profile with Flo Lam-Clark’s METTA BHAVANA meditation series.
Meditation is something many want to build into their routines as we enter 2021, and this five-part series is a great introduction to an accessible and guided meditation practice.
Each clip in the series is 10-20mins long, why not try a different one each day of the week to kick start your new meditation routine?
Meaning ‘universal loving kindness’, Metta Bhavana is a meditation practice that helps us to feel more positive, accepting, kind, and patient toward ourselves, in order to be more compassionate and loving toward others. Suitable to both beginners and those with a more established practice.
- PART 1: Introduces the metta principles, starting with self love and acceptance (16 minutes)
- PART 2: Focuses on the metta developed for ourselves is extended to our friends (14 minutes)
- PART 3: Working with and extending the metta to a neutral person (10 minutes)
- PART 4: Working with and extending the metta to somebody we may have conflict with (20 minutes)
- PART 5: Extending the metta to all beings (15 minutes)
Here’s a short preview, head to our video library for the five full clips:
The YOGAHOME VIDEO LIBRARY holds over 250 on-demand clips, so you can practice anytime and anywhere! Updated weekly, there’s always something new to try! Short theme-based workouts + live class recordings, so you can workshop a certain posture like headstand or chatarunga, or catch up on a missed class or repeat a favourite. Filter by length, teacher and style to find something right for you.