Some of the many benefits of Pilates in Pregnancy include:
* an increase in body awareness, well being and confidence
* improves postural and muscular support for pregnancy, labour, birth and life with a little one
* increases energy levels, core stability and strength
* improves breathing and abdominal support harmoniously with each other
* provides relaxation, mindfulness and calm
* increases awareness of the pelvic floor and it's role in support but also release during pregnancy, birth and beyond
* is suitable for any type of birth you hope for
* will help set you up for a speedier postnatal recovery
Pilates can help with many common symptoms of pregnancy such as:
Backache, Diastasis Recti, Pelvic Girdle Pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Pelvic Floor weakness or related injury.
We welcome you to this specialist group class once you have had your 12 week scan and have been approved to exercise by your doctor or midwife.
This class is suitable at any stage during your second and third trimester, right up to birth.
About the teacher:
Anja is a Pilates Foundation teacher and has been a specialist teacher in Pregnancy and Postnatal Pilates since 2009.
She is an active member of the Guild of Pregnancy and Postnatal Exercise Instructors and the Assistant Director and Guest Lecturer for Pregnancy and Postnatal Pilates for the Pilates Foundation Matwork Teacher Training Programme of Mindful Pilates.
Anja has also a little one herself.
All levels - Open to all, no experience necessary.
If you have a history of injuries or any other issues, we recommend our Level 1 class and teachers with a slower approach (see above).
There is a crèche worker in the room to help take care of your baby. Babies are welcome up until they are crawling. Tea and snacks are provided after the class in our leafy courtyard area.
Yogahome is all on one level so if your baby is asleep you can bring your buggie all the way in.
All levels - no experience required